Thursday, November 1, 2012

Etsy Shop


Good afternoon readers! (if I have any yet)

I have been working very hard to get my Etsy shop up and running. I've been taking photos and creating items. In the process I have realized that I'm not as prepared for this as I thought. There's so many things I need to get and have to do before I open the shop officially. But fear not! I will have it opened within the next couple of weeks. If I'm lucky I can pull in at least a little business from the holidays, especially if I can make enough scarves and perhaps hats to keep customers warm and cozy!

On another note, I am literally obsessed with making crochet flowers! Remember that cowl I talked about from my previous post? And how I didn't really like it for me? Well I made a nice big rosette with the extra yarn and stuck it on. No I am in love with it! I will be keeping it for myself. :) Who knew a little flower could make such a big difference? 

Along with crocheting, I also enjoy painting. Take a look at the current direction I've been heading with my art! Before I've been more into surrealism and creating pieces that one might find in a museum. Now I would like to create art that people might actually like to have in their homes. The backgrounds are done with watercolor on canvas and the word is acrylic. These turn out really nice and I love them! Here are just three of my favorites from the ones I've completed so far:






I'm thinking about adding these on Etsy as custom made orders. The customer chooses the word, size, colors, patterns (if any). Any opinions on this?

Talk to you later!

Love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment